DCB substrates (Direct Copper Bond) or DBC substrates (Copper Plated Ceramics)
These Substrates are in the power electronics, LED technology and laser diode technology due to the small size ,they are needed to manufacture circuits for very high currents. there mechanical strength and good thermal conductivity, used more frequently. DCB circuit boards are used where ordinary boards can no longer deal with the high loads.
Alumina (AL2O3) and Aluminium Nitride( AIN). substrate is widely acceptable and a time proven technology that can be chemically etched for power electronic products due to its high conductivity and current capacity and heat dissipation of the high-purity copper on ceramic..
ADVANTAGES of DBC
- High thermal conductivity
- Low thermal stress
- Good mechanical stability and strength
- High power dissipation
- Delivery of your Etched DBC substrate in less than 5 days
- Reduce the risk of hard tooling
- Burr and Stress free components
- Etched tolerances of +/-0.004″ for DCB substates
- Design changes and modifications can be done within hours.
- Fast lead time for you to reduce your time to market